Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Shabby/Chic Card Challenge

Challenge is Shabby Chic Recipe style of challenge. For those who are unsure what Shabby Chic is I have put the definition here as well.

Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage decor; hence the "chic" in the name.

If you decide to do the layout the following must be used on your page...

  • A vintage photo pre 50's must be used.
  • Paint
  • Stitching
  • Distressing
  • Pastel Tones
CARD must include the following...
  • Paint
  • Stitching
  • Soft prints
  • Ribbon
That was the requirements. Since this was my first attempt at a "Shabby Chic" card. Looking back I think I should have roughed up the heart a bit!
Close-Up
See the Paint, Stitching, Soft print & ribbon.....

I am doing these challenges through Paper Secrets


No comments:

Post a Comment