Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, being in Newfoundland I can say we were the 1st to celebrate the New Year in North America!

So, Happy New Year!!!!!!

One of my goals for this New Year is a goal that was set by our move....It is Reduce, Reuse & Simplify!

It is amazing how much you can accumulate in the space of 7 years! Well, some of things have been accumulated for longer but that was the time span in our home before moving! I did have a bit of overflow, but it was organized and majority of my things had a space as well as a purpose......even if it wasn't an immediate purpose!

We had to condense and truly think about items as we packed. We were downsizing for a while and limited on space as well as specific rooms that we were accustom too! Not only were we moving  2846.64 kilometres  away from our current home. We were moving out of the USA too!

Since our move we have gained the basement apartment, which was occupied when we first arrived. since we are lucky enough to have my father-in-law as our landlord we were able to open up a wall between the two apartments. So, this year will start with organization and figuring out what works and doesn't! I will also be having my own scrappy room. It will not be permanent but I can live with that!

Gratitude List
January 1, 2012 - Be happy with what you have and let go what you can!

3 comments:

  1. You will an awesome time with your own room! Post photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on getting your own scrappy room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly amazing how much we can accumulate! Good luck with all of the transitions your family is going through and I wish you all the best in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete