Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Scrap Our Stash DT - Challenge #1 - Kraft It Up


Scrap Our Stash Challenge #1 ~ Kraft It Up!
And here is the prize you are playing for this month:

For our first challenge we are going to get busy and ... 
THE CHALLENGE:
Create a LAYOUT and at least 50% of the products you use on your layout must be Kraft paper and/or embellies.   
Oh, and that's not it!  
You will have to dig further into your stash because...
you must include 3+ metal embellishments..  You can mix or match the metal embellishments as long as there are 3 or more on you layout.


Here is what I created for this challenge:
I love Kraft paper! It works so well with my current style...which is best described as shabby chic but with an rustic twist. I fine that I use a lot of earthtones and distress often, either edge or inked distressed and/or both! 
I used green pattern paper and added basic Kraft cardstock.  Made my own flags and ran some Kraft through the paper crimper. Using CTMH Desert Sand ink to stamp around the page. Also, got to use my Old tools and pulled out the Sizzix Sidekick and Cat N' Mouse letter dies for my title. I cut out my flags and attached them to stick pins. Fished around a bin of misc. odds and ends and found some metal stars and photo anchors. 


SO ARE YOU ABLE TO GET KRAFTY?

One last thing...the Scrap Our Stash Challenge GUIDELINES! 


To be eligible for the prize drawing you must link up your project using Mr Linky 
on the side bar by MARCH 29, 2013 ~ 11:59 PM (PST)
over on SCRAP OUR STASH Blog

1 comment:

  1. Love the green pp on the Kraft paper! Love the stamping too!

    ReplyDelete