Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Keys to the Past - XOXO Scrapbooking DT

This month we lifted from Heather's page over at XOXO Scrapbooking.

I have had a picture (of my Grandmother and her sister sitting in front of the house they grew up in) tucked in with this Close To My Heart "Bliss" Paper Pack for awhile now! I loved how these papers worked so well with the picture and were perfect for this lift. Here is the collection of goodies I used.


The photo had tape on the edges. I got the photo enlarged and adjusted the color a bit. You can still see the tape on the photo after the enlargement.

My Grandmother's writing is on the back of the photo in pencil. So, this was something I really wanted to add to the page. Made a copy of my Grandmother's writing on a tan cardstock.

After cutting the writing down to size, edge distressing and ink distressing a bit. I added it on as my journaling.  I placed a little journaling spot sideways so I can add either the date, which I am researching or the street address for the house that my Grandmother grew up in. 

From the lift I used the cluster in the left corner below the photo and placed my journaling and title similar.

The Final Page - Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment