Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Retreat: Getting caught up with the Kids.

My daughter's 1st Birthday Photo Shoot Pic

Layering Stickers into a cluster. Also used the leftovers from the scallop cut border with the sticker set. It is the pink placed on the lighter pink polka dot paper. Might add a few buttons to the centers. When I went to place this page in her album. I noticed the joining page had some.

A little strip left from that scallop border.

On to Baby Boy Pages 

Baby Boy arrives- Using up those older supplies in my stash.

Using those old stickers by placing them on same color cardstock, circle punched, and layered with another color in this case it was the kraft cardstock. Title I used rub-ons.

Baby Boy getting weighed

Used a quote from those old vellum Quote Books/Stacks. This one happened to be in a spinal binding. So, I punched some kraft cardstock with notebook border punch. Using Sew Easy zig-zag pierced stitch lines and hand-stitched in light blue making my own embellishment.  

Inked the edges of Cricut cut letters. "Here I Am!" fit so well with his little stretch pic. Funny 4 years later it is the same way he wakes up. A little stretch and "Morning" or "Come on the Sun's up"

Didn't know how to title this one. We were in recovery waiting for a room. So, I just used the vellum saying.

Using the same idea as before: sticker layered cardstock with some ribbon and a button/brad cluster.

Visitor's

Altered the saying for my title and staggered the tile cardstock letters to cover the vellum edge and adhere it the the page. Ric-rac on kraft cardstock hides the top edge of vellum and hides the glue so it stays on the page.

Added some ric-rac to the kraft cardstock to break up the patterns.

Baby Lo-Jack - We joked about this. When my daughter was born 2 1/2 years earlier we never saw one of these. Not sure how the term/title came out. Not sure if the term is universal. But in the USA when they started putting car alarm systems in one was called, LO-JACK. LO-JACK would track your car if stolen. So, in this case it was coined Baby Lo-Jack. Since the picture didn't fit the frame I added the jail bars using Cricut - CTMH Artbooking cartridge.

My 1st cut for the jail bars didn't fit like I wanted them so I found a way to used them and adhere my vellum saying down. Fits because the picture above is my daughter counting his toes.

A play on LO-JACK using a rub-on tricycle.

The full page:

Our 1st Anniversary - dressed up and heading to dinner. Used Webster's Pages Products and A LOT of Fussy Cutting. Placed the picture on top of a overlay/transparency. Positioned fussy cut flowers to cover the space that my photo wouldn't cover.

More Fussy Cutting & overlapped the frame sticker.

Loved this little gazebo. We were married at the foot of a larger gazebo.

Edge distressed tickets and layered with lace.

Vellum journaling ticket and chipboard button layered.

The completed page.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment