Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Retreat: more cruising going on!

After skipping over the cave tubing page do to lack of pics. I went onto the next day starting with "Cruise Compass" Page. Port of Costa Maya, Mexico. Our excursion for this stop was cancelled. We walked around the market, grill/restaurant and swimming area.

We watched the Harbour Authority came out to the ship in the morning. Lined up a massage. Enjoyed a easy-going day.

The pages next to each other:

Here is where I have that mix of digital and 35mm photos to play around with. So, I skipped ahead and used my scrappy time wisely! Onto Grand Caymans, skipping the "Cruise Compass" Page and right to the excursion!

Grand Cayman Tour: Stingray City - Turtle Farm - Hell - Rum Cake Co. Excursion. I placed them out of order that we experienced them. BUT, As far as combined fun this excursion was the best experience.

Close up of the hexagons. I used the negative space leftovers from when I cut out a bunch of hexagons for another layout...see my Little "Sand Baby" layout. Using the same paper as under the photos I popped up the hexagons with foam tape for dimension and to add to the scuba driver's bubbles.

I searched for a stingray on the Cricut cartridges and NO LUCK! So, if anyone knows where to find one let me know!
I just positioned the next page waiting to see what I can find as far as the stingray goes!

The Turtle Farm - Page 1

The Turtle Farm - Page 2

My fussy cut turtles I made using 3 different inks and a sponge. Stamped with lighted first then sponged on lighter blue-green and then sponged on deep green around the edges. Stamped and fussy cut. Used tan to ink edges after fussy cutting.

The 2 page layout:

Now off the HELL!
Since I only had two pictures...The postcards I picked up were a great explanation of this roadside stop. I never mailed out a postcard but they postmark them from Hell! It's one of those quirky fun things to do!

The Yummiest Stop of All to come!

1 comment:

  1. Looked like you had a great vacation!! Love how you used the negative space!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete