Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Retreat: Moving on after a cruise...Easter, Beach & Randoms

Our Yummiest stop...so good I never stopped to get a picture of those tasty rum cakes. So I used one from the brochure. Here is Page 1:

Page 2: I think it still needs something. I added the tickets from an ice show we went to that night as we started our journey of a day at sea and back to Florida.

The complete layout - looking at it together I think I will add some navy and some journaling to page 2.


So, after the cruise layouts were completed as best I could with what I had with me. It was time to get some random layouts done that have been planning to do.

Here is a Easter page - the stamp I colored in with marker and fussy cut. added the basket and fussy cut the eggs placed them on top of the image.

My daughter and her 2nd cousin with the Easter bunny. Used CTMH Framework & Keepsake Alpha Stamp Sets. EK Success/Martha Stewart Border Punch & Heidi Swapp Dial Date Stamp.

Next was a 2 page layout that I kept playing with but never just got the tape gun out and made it officially finished! Here are the stamped trees and fussy cut birds.


Matted and finally put those pictures in position! Page 1 - Grandma and my daughter making the peanut butter treat to "Feed the Birds". I kept thinking of Mary Poppins and the bird lady so I just went with it!

Page 2 - A bit hard to see here but as soon as they pulled the cage out the birds came flocking. 

The complete layout

Next up was a trip to the beach page featuring my husband and the kids. LBI - Long Beach Island, NJ

I want to use Mudd Puddles on the title - which is a sand like texture. I used it on a page in the past.

Two pages together

One in the works...I liked how this photo worked with the papers. Have to confirm the date/event to finish and title.

I scrapped the pics but wasn't sure of the details. So, now that I am home I got him to fill me in. My husband when he was Ironworking in Boston before we met!

I made the steel beams by scoring the cardstock and adding some pastels to the centers.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment